Trogon Lodge is located in Savegre, San Gerardo de Dota, near Cerro de la Muerte, one of the Costa Rica’s highest peaks. The drive takes approximately 2 hours from San José heading southeast in the Pan-American Highway. As one drives up, marvelous views appears before your eyes, carrot & potato plantations, the country side, and on a clear day, general overviews of the Cartago Province and Valley
The song of the Resplendent Quetzal, in its magical fly, is a sample of the exuberant biodiversity that lives in the area. A collage of green trees and mountains. A peaceful setting enhanced by the sounds of the river in its endless travel through the rocks, lets you fell nature and see it come alive, in a place where the mist of the scenery sets the mood for those searching to get away from it all.
22 standard rooms and one standard superior room.
Standard: Divided in 12 modules of 2 rooms each (duplex). Rooms have a porch overlooking the forest, private bathroom with amenities and heating unit. 10 rooms feature a double and a single bed, 8 rooms 1 double bed and 4 rooms offer 2 queen size bed. Limited units of hair dryers are available for guest use in reception.
Standard superior: Perched on the hill with a wonderful view of the forest and the Lodge. Features ample space with king size bed, heating unit, a small balcony with table and chairs and a comfortable bathroom with Jacuzzi, separate shower, amenities and hair dryer. Maximum 2 adults. Some hike up to the room required. Excellent option for Honeymoons.
All rooms are NON SMOKING.
Season (Dec 15/2017 - Dec 14/2018)
Season (Dec 15/2018 - Dec 14/2019)
Check in: 2 p.m. Check out: 12 m.d.
- During the stayed in Trogon lodge, the customers can enjoy siting and relaxing in the restaurant terrace or in the kiosko between beautiful gardens and the flora of the area.
- The hotel has: conference room with wi-fi and capacity for 20 people.
- Souvenirs shop
- Enjoy the combination of the local and international cuisine in “El Quetzal” restaurant.
- We have special menus for diabetics and vegetarians; and for any other dietary restriction. We can make a different menu if you tell us with anticipation.
- Menus can be arranged for groups or incentives served like buffet style.
- Trout pools.
How to get here:
Trogon Lodge is located in Savegre, San Gerardo de Dota, near of Cerro de la Muerte. The drive takes approximately 02 hours from San José heading southeast in the Pan-American Highway.
Coordinates: 9°34’34.32’’N 83°47’59.39’’O
Category: High end